Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dream on...

I think I'll be contacting the U.S. Patent Office about the dream I had last night. It was quite detailed. I think I could do some drawings of the apparatus, which would offer a unique boon to humanity. I'm talking about a nursing support system that A) would give the baby the illusion of nursing at the breast, and B) allow non-milk producing moms and dads to offer nourishment in an authentic manner. In my dream, it was a man wearing it to feed an adopted baby.
There was a silicone pseudo-nipple fitted over the (man)breast, with a small line to the center that produced milk when sucked. The milk came from a flexible receptacle, something akin to those baby bottle liners with some structural support, strapped around the chest or waist with Velcro.
Who knows what prompted that dream? I had no glass of milk before going to bed, and I've never had a child, so it's not like I was drawing on that experience as inspiration.
It was extraordinarily vivid because the dream occurred right before I woke up at 5:30 a.m. Earlier in the night, I had dreamed my nephew was sternly kicked out of my place of work for consuming sunflower seeds and taking them out of the shell. (That one is not worthy of mention to the Patent Office, unless I can come up with a no-mess sunflower seed sheller.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pause that refreshes

Pause that refreshes
taken at Trout Lake Arts Fest